November is Mouth Cancer Action Month

Photo source How much do you know about mouth cancer? Oral cancer is reasonably common, but a lot of people don’t know how to spot the signs. Last year in the UK, more than 8,000 people were diagnosed with a form of mouth cancer. This figure has raised by a third in recent years, and it’s expected that the disease … Read More

Five Symptoms You Might Not Know Your Dentist Can Help With

Photo source There are so many good reasons to visit your dentist regularly! You probably already know how helpful your dentist can be in spotting and treating common dental issues such as plaque, cavities and gum disease. But did you know that there are all sorts of other symptoms your dentist will be able to spot and help you with? … Read More

Three Reasons to Avoid Sticky Bonfire Night Treats

Photo source November is upon us and over the next week you may be celebrating Bonfire Night with family and friends. You’ll probably have come across lots of advice on how to keep everyone safe at Bonfire Night events (there’s a great guide here if you need some extra tips)… but what about taking care of your teeth? Many of … Read More

Which Type of Floss is Best?

Photo source All the official guidance on best practices for dental care say we should be flossing each day. However, statistics in the UK suggest that only 31% of us are actually doing it! If you fall into the other 69% of people who aren’t flossing daily, it may be because you’re not sure where to start. We hear you … Read More

How to Teach Your Child to Enjoy Dentist Visits

Photo source We know that not everyone enjoys visiting the dentist. In fact, over 10% of the British population experience high anxiety about it. Typically, these anxieties stem from childhood. In the past, many dentists didn’t make much effort to put their patients at ease. If you had a bad experience with a dentist early on in life, it can … Read More

The A-Z of Family Dentistry: J is for Jawbone

Photo source In the A-Z of family dentistry, each month we ask our dentists to address a different dental concern.  This month we’re considering the jawbone, and how it can impact on your dental health. Your jaw has a big impact on your teeth and overall dental health. The alignment of your jaw can affect the position of your teeth … Read More

Three Resolutions to Make for National Dental Hygiene Month

In some parts of the world, October is marked out as National Dental Hygiene Month. We’re open to any excuse to prioritise good dental hygiene, so we’re highlighting this today along with three resolutions you could make in honour of it. These three easy steps could help you massively improve your dental hygiene. And don’t forget: the better your deal … Read More

Dental Fillings: What Are Your Options

Not all fillings are created equally! If you need one, there are a number of different materials to choose between. Each type of filling has it’s own benefits and disadvantages. Your dentist will be able to talk you through which is likely to be the best choice for you and your teeth. If you’d like to know more about the … Read More

The Benefits of Facial Aesthetic Treatment

The modern world is a great place to be. We have excellent health and dental care, incredible communication tools and instant access to more knowledge than we’ve ever had before. And that’s not even to mention things like Netflix, Instagram and online shopping with next day delivery! Advances in technology have also given us the option to easily improve the … Read More

The A-Z of Family Dentistry: I is for Impacted Tooth

In the A-Z of family dentistry, each month we ask Robert to address a different dental concern.  This month we’re looking at impacted teeth, and what you need to know about them. An impacted tooth is a tooth that doesn’t erupt out of the gum as expected. Some impacted teeth can remain buried inside the gums forever, though it’s usually … Read More